Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

surgery ( take 2)

Well, I finally had my surgery. I was home for a week with a PICC line that my mother took care of. went back into the hospital and had the surgery. The day of the surgery I went down and the OR seemed so bright, I am so used to dark scary OR's. I saw all the team there Dr Felderman, Dr Garbus and others. They made sure they positioned me OK before putting me under. That was a breeze since I had my PICC line and they didn't have to go hunting for a vein. I woke up in recovery and went back to the room. I seemed pretty awake. Mom stayed with me on a chair in the room 24/7. II was there another week, half the time still on a liquid diet (UGH). Since the surgery I had mucous in my throat that I couldn't cough up because of my stitches. I felt like I was choking and the nurse called in the Respiratory team who tried to put a tube down my nose into my throat; That didn't go over very well, ...I couldn't stop gagging and finally the guy gave up. Eventually I went to sleep and the next day one of the nurses came in and was coaching me on coughing. I went home. I came home and still couldn’t go back to work.I missed the end of the school year and feel really bummed about it. It still doesn’t feel like summer time to me.

No comments: